Io Myers Studio
The space within Io Myers Studio was designed to allow for the creative mind to explore and execute works of every type. A fully flexible space, the Studio hosts a wide range of activities, from students working on their first productions to Australia's premier performance artists. With recently upgraded equipment, the venue is suitable for live performance, video screenings and cross-media experimental works.
A prized teaching space, the venue hosts class presentations, production lessons and workshops, featuring a number of major School productions throughout the year. The space also hosts a number of artistic residencies, with research into performance and cross media a key focus. Recognised by the creative industries, many professional artists and companies choose to develop and rehearse their works in Io Myers when it's available.
The venue has timber flooring with the option of black tarquet over a performance area if desired. Retractable Acromat bench seating means that the space can be used in a number of different configurations. This can seat a maximum of 124 people. The Studio is well equipped with fully flexible lighting, sound and video projection equipment, including a 4m remote controlled screen.
Helpful Documents & Links
- Io Myers Studio : Application to Hire (PDF) (195 Kb)
- Io Myers Studio : Information and Conditions of Hire (PDF) (161 Kb)
- Io Myers Studio : Schedule of Equipment (PDF) (129 Kb)
- Io Myers Studio : Ground Plan (PDF) (648 Kb)
- Io Myers Studio : Elevation (PDF) (92 Kb)
- Upcoming events at Io Myers Studio and other UNSW venues.